The Lasik Experience
Advancements in technology have allowed more people than ever to benefit from LASIK surgery. LASIKPlus' 100% bladeless multiple laser format improves your chances for treatment. Dr. Burggraf and the LASIKPlus team will be with you throughout your experience. Many of your questions can be answered with detailed videos that help explain the procedure.
Is LASIK Right for You?
Generally you are a good candidate if:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are in good health
- You have had a stable prescription for at least one year
We are now correcting up to:
- 13.00 diopters of nearsightedness
- 6.00 diopters of astigmatism
- 6.00 diopters of farsightedness
These ranges require that all criteria are met for correction, including healthy eyes and adequate corneal thickness. Other key criteria will also be carefully assessed to help insure the best possible outcome.
Problems Lasik Can Solve
- ASTIGMATISM: If you have astigmatism, you have a distortion of vision that causes overall blurriness.
- FARSIGHTEDNESS: If you're farsighted, you can see objects far away better than those up close.
- NEARSIGHTEDNESS: If you're nearsighted, you can see things up close, but things far away appear blurry.
- PRESBYOPIA: As you age, your eye's lens loses the elasticity it needs to focus on close-up objects and often reading glasses are needed.
Lasik offers a solution for all of these vision problems!
Why Choose Dr. Burggraf and LasikPlus
Investment in multiple types of lasers
We offer individualized treatment by selecting the right technology to achieve the best outcome possible for your unique eyes. And, the entire experience is 100% bladeless!
Ophthalmologists and Optometrists at the forefront of medical procedures
Our network of over 100 doctors share cases internally, creating a knowledge base to handle unique and complicated cases. Dr. Burggraf cares for hundreds of LasikPlus patients each year.
Road warriors, re-locators and travelers can receive post-operative care at any LasikPlus site in the country.
Featured LASIK Partner of most major Health and Vision Plan Providers
Rest assured that you are placing your eyecare in the hands of a credible and trusted company.
COA licensed technicians
We continually invest in employee training so your eyesight is in the hands of highly skilled staff members-from the surgeons to the technicians.
Committed to community
We are committed to giving back to our soldiers throughout the Wounded Warrior Project Program.
Financing Options for Lasik
LasikPlus is the LASIK provider for most leading health and vision plans. Members of participating health and vsion plans are entitled to either 15% off standard prices, or 5% off combined with any promotional discounts. Check your plan to see if you are entitled to special discounting.
Financing options are guaranteed
LasikPlus makes financing easy with a variety of options for almost any budget. And with our simple, fast and confidential application process, you'll be on your way to clear vision in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lasik Hurt?
Lasik is one of the most popular procedures. It only takes a few minutes and most patients experience very little if any discomfort during the procedure.
How does Lasik at LasikPlus work?
Lasik reshapes your cornea with a cool laser to refocus how light enters your eye. The treatment is a minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure conducted on an outpatient basis. While you may be at the vision center for up to two hours, the actual Lasik treatment takes between 5 and 10 minutes for each eye. The entire treatment involves four simple steps:
- The eyes are numbered with anesthetic drops to ensure your comfort.
- Unlike many private opthalmic practices, LasikPlus only uses all laser Lasik. A highly sophisticated laser is used to precisely separate a thin, hinged layer in the cornea.
- A second, computer-guided Excimer laser is then used to deliver cool pulses of ultraviolet light to reshape your cornea.
- The hinged layer is replaced and begins the healing process naturally without stitches.
How long will the results last?
Lasik at LasikPlus is designed to offer long-term vision correction. Studies to date show excellent vision stability for more than a decade following treatment.
When can normal activities resume?
For the first 24 hours, it's best to avoid straining your eyes through reading, computer work or watching TV. Most patients can resume normal activities after the first day. Your doctor will review your individual recovery plan. Also, your vision may fluctuate day to day. This is typical as your eyes heal. You should sleep in your protective glasses for one week to avoid accidentally touching your eyes.
Thinking About Lasik?
|Monday:|| 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Tuesday:||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday:||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday:||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Friday:||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday:||10:00am - 2:00pm|
500 South Third Street, Suite 105
Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: (630) 232-7800
We are conveniently located off of the Geneva Metra Pink line, 1/2 of a block away.